Chat with one of our product experts.
Aquatic Clear Dam 200L
Transform your pond or dam from an unsightly muck to crystal clear waters with Aquatic Clear Dam.
- Fast-acting (clear water in just 48 hours)
- Safe for fish
- Will not affect pH or salinity
Please read the “Description” and “How to Use” sections below for instructions
Aquatic Clear Dam
Clear Dam is effective in clearing existing turbidity and brown water in murky dams, ponds, lakes and more. A flocculant solution designed to remove suspended harmful particles including decaying organic matter and pathogens in your water. Aquatic Clear Dam is an easy-to-apply product that’s perfect for practically any body of water that’s become murky and unsightly. Aquatic Clear Dam offers noticeable results in just 48 hours, when applied as instructed and under ideal conditions.
|Clear Dam Size||Volume treated|
Critical things to know before use:
- The pH of the water must be within the range 6-9 for Clear Dam to work.
- It is essential that the edges of the waterbody are hardened. Wherever edges are not hardened, the lapping of water acts as a continuous source of turbidity.
- For Clear Dam to work it is critical that you calculate the correct volume of your waterbody. Failure to do this will result in an incorrect dosage. The product needs to reach a critical volume in water; anything less will lead to undesirable outcomes. Therefore, understanding the volume of your dam and using the right dosage is key.
- If an incorrect dosage is applied, reapplication with the correct dosage is required.
- Clear Dam must be diluted 1 part product with 20 parts water, and applied evenly across the water surface. When spraying, use only stream or shower setting. If fire pump is used to spray, ensure even coverage.
- Clear Dam, like most flocculants, is intended to be a ‘one dosage, one treatment’ product.
- Avoid application if rainfall or runoff is expected in the near future, or in windy conditions. Additional treatment with Clear Dam will be required
Why is my water murky?
- Some of the things that make your water murky can include organic matter, harmful microscopic organisms and some types of algae. These can carry harmful pathogens and waterborne diseases, so clearing up your murky water isn’t just an aesthetic must – it’s a health and safety concern too.
- Some of the factors that can mobilise sediment in dams include, wind, heavy rainfall, excess runoff, stock entering water, soft edges.
- Rain events can cause new turbidity to enter the dam. It is best to implement control methods to prevent run off from rain events introducing new turbidity by placing crushed rock or hay bales to slow and filter new input water.
- Wind can cause water to lap against dam edges, this action on loose or not-compacted dam edges can mobilise sediments. It is best to therefore compact these edges by placing sand, crushed rock, rock or geo-fabric to firm up these edges for best long term sustainable results.
Murky water can cause…
- blockages in irrigation spray nozzles
- the build-up of sludge in drippers and pipes
- staining of plumbing equipment
- an unsafe swimming environment
Factors such as wind or rain events may affect the results of this product.
Ways to manage turbidity in a dam:
- Minimise wave action – harden dam edges by laying geofabric, stone, sand or establish runner grasses up to the edge of the water. Consider strategically planting trees to minimise prevailing wind impact.
- Spillway maintenance – Good, hardy vegetation will help manage and guide the spillway back to the drainage line. Vegetation can also prevent erosion.
- Stock traffic damage – Stock tend to follow the same path to and from a water source. You can manage their impact by routing them to a select pathway, fencing off restricted areas, alternating stock routes, installing a reticulation system and planting vegetation such as grass.
- Aeration – see our aeration range
How do I calculate the size of my waterbody?
Length of waterbody (metres) X Width of waterbody (metres) X Maximum depth of waterbody (metres) X 0.4 = Volume of waterbody (m3)
One cubic metre (m3) contains 1,000L of water
How To Use
How to Use
First calculate the volume of water in your waterbody and how much Clear Dam you need. 1L of Clear Dam treats up to 50,000L of water. If you need assistance with calculations, please contact our team.
Dilute the correct amount of Clear Dam into clean water at a rate of 1-part product to 20-parts water. Apply the diluted Clear Dam evenly across the water surface using a spray or shower stream. This can be with any form of spray unit or fire pump.
Spraying Clear Dam evenly across the water surface ensures proper dispersal and better mixing with the particles during treatment.
For ponds and dams with extremely high sediment loading i.e. chocolate brown in colour or ponds and dams that have never had clear water before, it is essential that the source of mobilisation is dealt with prior to using this product. For tips on how to deal with mobilisation, refer to the description tab.
Sources of mobilisation
- Soft edges
- Bare ground
- Stock entering water
- Heavy rainfall and wind
To reduce the impact of mobilisation, first harden your edges with geofabric, crushed rock, sand or shallow-rooted plants.
Aquatic Clear Dam will not work if: It is not applied correctly, the water pH is above 9 or below 6, the source of the turbidity is not dealt with, the sediment load is extremely high, or the incorrect dosage rate has been applied.
When calculating the amount of product you need, it is essential that the correct volume is calculated. Applying less than the required dosage rate will not be effective.
- Dissolved mud/clay/silt
- Decaying organic matter in water
- Free-floating microorganisms including bacteria and algae
Is it safe to use with fish?
Yes, Aquatic Clear Dam is safe to use around fish, aquatic plants and other wildlife.
Why should I use Aquatic Clear Dam?
Highly turbid water is unsafe to swim in as it greatly reduces water clarity and visibility, it is unpleasant for livestock to drink from water that contains a lot of sediment, turbid water can cause blockages in your pipes and not to mention makes the water unsightly. By using Aquatic Clear Dam, it improves the clarity and quality of your water!