Easy DIY Solution for Removing Duckweed
Instantly remove Duckweed from your dam
Duckweed Skimmers by Aquatic Technologies make short work of clearing up free-floating aquatic weeds. Get instant results and keep your water body clear and healthy.
Shop Duckweed Skimmer
- Instant results
- Easy DIY solution
- Ecologically benign
- Removes Duckweed with ease
- Available in two sizes
- Lightweight and simple to use
Physically Remove Free Floating Weeds
Duckweed Skimmers can be used on any body of water
Use on mild to moderate aquatic weed growth
Tailored mesh suited to picking up Duckweeds
Toss skimmer from the bank - no need to get wet
Choose Your Size
Duckweed Skimmer 95cm
Small and compact. Removes a pathway 1m wide.
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Great value for smaller dams and ponds
Duckweed Skimmer 152cm
Large and efficient. Removes a pathway 1.54m wide.
- Covers a larger area faster
- Good for larger ponds and dams
How It Works
Simply toss the skimmer into the water from the bank.
The bottom bar will sink and the top bar will float creating a half circle. Pull the skimmer back towards yourself.
Grab the four ropes and pull the skimmer out of the water. Dump the weed into a wheelbarrow for disposal.
Advantages of physical removal
- Removes extra nutrients caused by the breakdown of rotting vegetation thereby reducing the likelihood of future outbreaks.
- A dense coverage consumes a lot of oxygen leaving little left for fish and other aquatic organisms. Avoids fish kills by ensuring adequate oxygen levels remain.
- Removes habitat for breeding mosquitoes.
Adds Advantage to Spray Treatments
- Combining physical removal with an aquatic herbicide treatment can greatly increase the effectiveness of any weed-killers you’re using.
- Easy to use
- Ecologically benign alternative to traditional herbicide treatments
- Specifically designed for Duckweeds