Prevent mosquitoes from breeding with AMF
- Applied directly to the water surface
- Mosquito pupae die within two hours
- Mosquito larvae die within two days
- Prevents adult mosquitoes from laying eggs
- Protection from mosquitoes for up to 30 days
- Safe to use around fish, pets and wildlife
Only targets Mosquitoes
Why is it important to stop mosquitos from breeding in your outdoors in any areas of standing water.
- Mosquito-borne diseases are growing in Australia and can cause life-threatening illness.
- With the Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) now in Australia, it may be only a matter of time before we are faced with the Asian Tiger Mosquito (Aedes albopictus) known to spread Dengue Virus (DENV) and Yellow Fever, or the female Anopheles mosquito which spreads malaria.
- The recent high level of rain fall and more humid conditions in Australia make this prime mosquito breeding conditions.
Choose Your Size
Available in 250mL, 500mL, 1L and 5L. Use 1mL per 1m2
- 250mL treats 250m2
- 500mL treats 500m2
- 1L treats 1,000m2
- 5L treats 5,000m2
How It Works
It spreads across the surface of standing water – even large water bodies – and forms a very thin film. As silicones have a very low surface tension, the film prevents pupae and larvae from attaching themselves at the surface while attempting to breathe, thereby causing them to drown.
Its strong spreading action ensures that it will move around vegetation and other obstacles on the surface, and it is highly resistant to wind or wave action. It is also unaffected by rain falling on the surface.
Extensive trials around the world have shown that Aquatain AMF™ is effective on the surface for up to 4 weeks.
Safe to use
- Non-target organisms are not affected such as tadpoles, bees, aquatic invertebrates and fish
- Does not prevent the water from being oxygenated
- Does not bioaccumulate
Easy to apply
Apply Aquatin AMF to standing water such as gutters, ponds, blocked drains, water tanks, pot plants, buckets, septic tanks and old tyres – anywhere that mosquitoes breed.
Simply apply the recommended amount of product direct to the surface of the water you are treating.