Aquatic Clear Dam 15L treats 750,000L
Transform your pond or dam from an unsightly muck to crystal clear waters with Aquatic Clear Dam.
- Fast-acting (clear water in just 48 hours)
- Safe for fish
- Will not affect pH or salinity
- 15L treats 750,000L
Aquatic Clear Dam
Clear Dam is effective in clearing existing turbidity and brown water.
15L treats 750,000L
This advanced product quickly clears water in murky dams, ponds, lakes and more. A flocculant solution designed to remove suspended particles in water, Aquatic Clear Dam offers noticeable results in just 48 hours.
Some of the things that make your water murky can include organic matter, microscopic organisms and some types of algae. These can carry harmful pathogens and waterborne diseases, so clearing up your murky water isn’t just an aesthetic must – it’s a health and safety concern too.
Effectively removing harmful particles in your water from suspension, Aquatic Clear Dam is an easy-to-apply product that’s perfect for practically any body of water that’s become murky and unsightly.
Murky water can cause…
- blockages in irrigation spray nozzles
- the build-up of sludge in drippers and pipes
- staining of plumbing equipment
- an unsafe swimming environment
Factors such as wind or rain events may affect the results of this product.
Rain events can cause new turbidity to enter the dam. It is best to implement control methods to prevent run off from rain events introducing new turbidity by placing crushed rock or hay bales to slow and filter new input water.
Wind can cause water to lap against dam edges, this action on loose or not-compacted dam edges can mobilise sediments. It is best to therefore compact these edges by placing sand, crushed rock, rock or geo-fabric to firm up these edges for best long term sustainable results.
Ways to manage turbidity in a dam:
- Minimise wave action – harden dam edges by laying geofabric, stone, sand or establish runner grasses up to the edge of the water. Consider strategically planting trees to minimise prevailing wind impact.
- Spillway maintenance – Good, hardy vegetation will help manage and guide the spillway back to the drainage line. Vegetation can also prevent erosion.
- Stock traffic damage – Stock tend to follow the same path to and from a water source. You can manage their impact by routing them to a select pathway, fencing off restricted areas, alternating stock routes, installing a reticulation system and planting vegetation such as grass.
- Aeration – see our aeration range
How To Use
How to Use
Simply dilute the recommended amount of Aquatic Clear Dam into clean water and apply it directly onto the body of water. It’s non-toxic and safe to use around humans, fish, pets and livestock alike. Dilution of this product is important for efficacy as this ensures dispersal and better contact with the surfaces of particles for a better-quality result.
For ponds and dams with extremely high sediment loading i.e. chocolate brown in colour or ponds and dams that have never had clear water before, it is essential that the source of mobilisation is dealt with prior to using this product.
Sources of mobilisation
- soft edges
- bare ground
To reduce the impact of mobilisation, dam edges can be hardened with geofabric, crushed rock, sand or shallow-rooted plants.
Aquatic Clear Dam will not work effectively if: it is not applied correctly, the water pH is above 9 or below 6, the source of the sedimentation is not dealt with, the sediment load is extremely high, or the incorrect dosage rate has been applied.
When calculating the amount of product you need it is best to apply more product as less than the required dosage rate maybe ineffective.
- Dissolved mud/clay/silt
- Decaying organic matter in water
- Free-floating microorganisms including bacteria and algae
Is it safe to use with fish?
Highly turbid water is unsafe to swim in as it greatly reduces water clarity and visibility, it is unpleasant for livestock to drink from water that contains a lot of sediment, turbid water can cause blockages in your pipes and not to mention makes the water unsightly. By using Aquatic Clear Dam, it improves the clarity and quality of your water!